.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Real Estate Marketing Tips

A blog dedicated to the education of real estate professionals for a successful online existence.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Hands free search abilities.

This concept is one of my favorites. I was reading in Scientific American and there was an article regarding search engines, obviously this sparked my attention so I began to read the article, it was talking about futuristic visions of what search engines will have the ability to do. I love the idea of integrating search technology into your PDA or GPS, and the article started to talk about rover, if your not familiar with rover it is technology that intercepts radio signals from across the globe and transports them in to text, video or audio services into your GPS system highlighting certain things in the vicinity that you are traveling. Not only does this technology integrate into your GPS, but it also integrates into your PDA. Imagine going on vacation and not knowing what is what and rover is displaying potential points of interest on your PDA, maybe then you wouldn't miss anything? Now if rover has the ability to intercept a radio frequency and pinpoint such things. Why couldn't rover add search capabilities? For example not only do you get specific locations that may interest you, but maybe it will give you a list of other attractions that you could automatically connect to by saying "connect". I can’t wait until this type of technology is perfected and multiple radio signals can be transported into your GPS or PDA and you can be hands free literally having the ability to tell your GPS to pull up Google. By saying "Google" then say "search restaurants" and it would bring up a localized list of restaurants based on the location of your GPS. I feel this isn't far off. If it happens does it mean it was my idea....haha, I am sure it was thought of by the rover guys long before me.

Check Out Scientific American

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home