.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Real Estate Marketing Tips

A blog dedicated to the education of real estate professionals for a successful online existence.

Monday, October 03, 2005

Deep thoughts for realtors 4


Signs and Street Advertising 101

So I was driving to my office today and I saw some park benches and all I could see was what seemed to be a catch phrase and a huge picture. Right away I knew it was a Realtor. Once I got close sure enough it was a Realtor, however there was something else that I noticed when getting close, I noticed in much smaller print the Realtors’ phone number and in much smaller print I noticed their web address. And then I started to pull away in the distance and the only thing I could continue to see was the catch phrase and the photo. And this inspired my next deep thought for Realtors. What was this Realtor trying to accomplish, I assumed it was to generate a lead or maybe just brand himself. Thinking back all I could remember was the Realtors’ catch phrase. I couldn't for the life of me remember anything other than that. I will agree the Realtor had all pieces of the puzzle he just had them in the opposite order. Why you might ask? Think about this when was the last time that you were able to remember a phone number when driving by at 65 mph. If you are like me you probably ask the person next to you to remember this number and then recite it over and over in your head until you can find a pen or pencil or anything to jot it down. This has to make you wonder how many times has a young couple driven through your farm market and saw your sign writer and then proceeded to go through this same memorization dilemma. (Funny huh) I am not saying you have missed out on hundreds of clients but maybe one or two, which in turn means ‘mucho’ cash. (lol) With this being said make your web address the biggest. Isn't it easier to remember www.davesells.com or sandiegohomes.com or something like that? I know it’s much easier than remembering 858 769 4296 or something like that. I mean...really why do you think people get phone numbers like 1 866 431 LEAD? It is because when adding text to the number it is easier to remember. So brand yourself and think as if you were driving by when deciding your domain name and developing your print advertising.


  • For more Real Estate Marketing Tips
  • CHECK US OUT!

    0 Comments:

    << Home